February 6, 2008

Looking at the brighter side of life

I did not attend my English class yesterday morning. Not that I am proud of i. In the first place, being absent is one thing I should never boast of since I already am a legend when it comes to being notorious. I just seem to get bored from the monotony of mingling with my freshmen classmates. It gives me the creeps knowing I am actually becoming a constant reminder for them to do well in their classes so as not to end up like me being a campus relic. Anyway, as I was saying, I did not attend my English class because I had more pressing things I wanted and needed to do that time – to go to the library. First, because of the reason I have already stated and second, because I do not have anything to submit yet for my preliminaries in my research paper to think that this has been the nth time I have enrolled in this subject called writing in the discipline. Very motivating, huh?

I went straight to the internet section to do my proquest search at the second floor when I came across this book which really caught my attention. The cover page read "Cornerstone: Building on your best for career success" written by R. Sherfield, R. Montgomery, and P. Moody. I’d like to share the few things I have learned as I leafed through the pages.

The secret to life is not finding your self but creating yourself. – George Bernard Shaw

All things are possible until they are proved impossible – and even the impossible may only be so, as of now. – Pearl S. Buck

15 ways to enjoy a happy life and be successful:
  1. Take control of your own life
  2. Adopt the idea that you are responsible for you
  3. Keep your promises and be loyal to your friends and family but refuse to allow them to tear you down
  4. Control what you say to your self
  5. Take carefully assessed risks often and get out of your comfort zone
  6. Don’t compare your self to other people
  7. Develop a victory wall of your achievements to remind you and keep you motivated
  8. Win with grace, lose with class. People love a humble winner and hate those who are whining losers
  9. Set goals and maintain high level of motivation but your goals should be based on what you value
  10. Work your way
  11. Keep a sense of humor and learn to appreciate the simple joys in life
  12. Focus on the positive
  13. Don’t give in to adversity or defeat
  14. Believe in your self!
  15. Never make excuses

I then remembered what my Economics teacher repeatedly tells us in his class, the formula to success is Resources+discipline+techniques+willingness to work = SUCCESS


The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the same as the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. – Mark Twain

Also, there were brain teasers I had my mind working on that I forgot it was almost time for my afternoon class. Here, try solving these brain teasers. It will help you enhance your critical thinking skills. I have given two of the answers for you to have a hint on how to solve these..(Actually, I was only able to answer two with one still uncertain to be correct)
SW & 7 D ... Snow White and 7 Dwarfs
I H a D by MLK
2 P’s in a P
HDD (TMRUTC)
3 S to a T
100 P in a D
T no PLH
4 Q in a C ... 4 Quarters in a Century
I a SWAA
50 S in a TU

Good luck. i wish you could answer all these as much as i'd like them to be answered!

1 comment:

Rolly said...

I Had a Dream by Martin Luther King
2 Persons in a Pair
3 Sides to a Triangle?
100 Pence in a Dollar
There's no Place Like Home
In a Session With Alcoholic Anonymous?